Degenkolb Engineers Scholarship and Internship
The Degenkolb Engineers Scholarship has been established to encourage students to pursue a graduate education in structural engineering. The scholarship will be awarded to the applicant that best demonstrates a commitment to furthering the standards of the profession and pursuit of knowledge.
- Candidates shall enter the final year of undergraduate study in the Fall of 2016 (projected undergraduate Graduation date June 2017).
- Candidates shall have a stated intent to attend graduate school in pursuit of a M.S. degree in structural engineering.
- Candidates shall have excellent academic and leadership skills.
- $2,500 grant awarded after registration for the Fall 2016 quarter.
- Paid internship with Degenkolb Engineers during the summer of year 2016. Pay will be commensurate with level of education. Living expenses are not included.
- Submit an essay of two pages or less, discussing:
- Individual career goals in the structural engineering profession.
- Goals for a graduate school education.
- Individual academic and leadership skills.
- The Faculty Scholarship Committee will select finalists.
- Finalists will be interviewed by a Degenkolb representative.
- Degenkold Engineers will select scholoarship recipient.
- The scholarship recipient will be announced at the ARCE Scholarship Luncheon.
Past Award Recipients
2016 Recipient: Kate Cuddington
2015 Recipient: Angelica Quach
2014 Recipient: Nicole O'Hearne
2013 Recipient: Yoshitaka Tamiya
2012 Recipient: Christopher (CJ) Horn
2011 Recipient: Zhi Liu
2010 Recipient: David Martin
2009 Recipient: Ryan R. Swenson
Go to Degenkolb Engineers web site