KNA Senior Project Grant
The award is given to senior projects judged to best advance the state of the art of the structural engineering profession. The student or team of students must have demonstrated academic excellence and leadership in their ARCE career(s). The proposed senior project is clearly defined with measurable and obtainable results and had the potential to advance the state of the art. Larry Kaprielian, ARCE graduate of the class of 1979 is a principal at KNA Structural Engineers firm in Irvine, CA. The firm has established this grant for ARCE senior project groups.
- Open to students enrolled in Senior Project Lab
- Demonstrated academic excellence and leadership
- Project clearly defining obtainable results and potential to advance the state of the structural engineering profession.
- Summary of Senior Project
- 1 x $1000
- Potential teams will be interviewed by selected faculty and an award will be announced within the fourth week of the spring quarter.
Previous Award Recipients
2016 Recipient: Kevin Church
2014 Recipient: Jared Parker
2013 Recipients: Same Polytechnic College in Tanzania: Danile Stone, Lauren Litwiler, Meghan Navarro, Sonia Hyunh, and Katie Schwall
2012 Recipients: EERI Seismic Design Competition Group: Brian Biehl, Stephen Coan, and Jennifer Roth
2011 Recipients: The Bridge House Rennovation Group: Megan Hanson, Nick Herskedal, Dave Martin, Brian Planas, Emma Ronney, and Charles Weir
2010 Recipient: Shawn Wade
2009 Recipient: Brendan K. McNiff
Go to KNA web site