Heading 1

Cupcake ipsum dolor sit amet oat cake tootsie roll bear claw. Pastry donut caramels jelly powder gummi bears chocolate bar apple pie.

Heading 2

Cotton candy lollipop candy canes biscuit wafer carrot cake sweet roll jujubes. Cotton candy ice cream candy carrot cake pudding marzipan gingerbread sugar plum lemon drops.

Heading 3

Topping jujubes liquorice ice cream croissant chocolate bar cookie pastry wafer. Cake cake cake.

  • Maps
  • E
  • F
  • G
  • H
  • J
  • K
  • L
  • M
  • N
  • O
  • P
  • Q
  • R
  • S
  • T
  • U
  • V
  • W
  • X
  • X
  • Y
  • Z

Prospective Transfer Students

Preparing To Transfer

The key questions that prospective transfer students need to research and answer are: What courses must I take to apply for admission? What community colleges offer the courses? Resources to help you answer these questions along with other articulation information is provided below.

Transfer Selection Criteria

The Transfer Selection Criteria for the Architectural Engineering program provides information required to answer the first question—it identifies the courses that are required before a student applies to transfer to Cal Poly. Each of the courses identified earns points toward admissions.


ASSIST is an online student-transfer information system that shows how course credits earned at one public California college or university can be applied when transferred to another. ASSIST is the official repository of articulation for California’s public colleges and universities and provides the most accurate and up-to-date information about student transfer in California.


Use ASSIST to research which California Community Colleges offer the courses identified in the Transfer Model.

Caution: In order to satisfy a GE&B requirement, you do not have to find an articulated course. If you enter two institutions (Example: Cuesta and Cal Poly) you will only find courses that are articulated with specific Cal Poly courses. Only courses that are in your "Major" or "Support" category need to be articulated in order to receive credit (example: Calculus, Physics, etc.).

To find a GE&B courses acceptable to Cal Poly:

  • You select an institution that you anticipate attending. (example: Cuesta)
  • Do not select "Agreements with Other Campuses".
  • Go to "Courses Applicable for Transfer".
  • Select "CSU General Education & Breadth (GE&B) Area".
  • Select the particular GE&B area you are interested in taking (example: D1, C3, etc.).
  • This will give you a list of the classes offered at that institution that will fulfill the GE&B requirement at Cal Poly.

You can be sure that these classes are transferable and will satisfy the GE&B requirement when your transcripts are received.


Related Content