John Labib & Associates Scholarship
JLA is a leading structural engineering firm in the L.A. area that proudly hires many ARCE grads.
Junior standing or higher. The scholarships will be awarded on the basis of the design of a small single family residence. Your strengths in design should show through the decisions you make in the completion of the framing plans.
- 1 x $1,500
The selection will be made by the ARCE scholarship committee in conjunction with representatives of John Labib & Associates.
Applicants will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Critical decision making when laying out the lateral and gravity systems
- Explanation of significant decisions
- Legibility, organization, and presentation of the framing plans
- Practicality/efficiency of the framing specified. Design within the parameters.
- Design within the parameters
Previous Award Recipients
2021 Recipients: Claudia Zapata-Kraft
2020 Recipients: Faith Sharp, Thomas Little
2019 Recipients: Marin Govett, Michael Ayers
2018 Recipients: Ben Sykes, Anna Sy, Nate Moore
2017 Recipients: Sophia Abshire, Michael Blanchard & Brooke Lipsey
2016 Recipients: Kate Cuddington, Katie Eberle & Zach Cooperband
Go to the John Labib & Associates web site