Engineering Licensure / Registration
The general process of engineering licensing procedure is (per NCEES web site): (More details are here.)
- Graduate with the Architectural Engineering degree from an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited four-year university program in which Cal Poly San Luis Obispo is included.
- ABET is a non-profit and non-governmental accrediting agency for academic programs in the disciplines of applied science, computing, engineering, and engineering technology. ABET is a recognized accreditor in the United States (U.S.) by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- Complete a standard Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) written examination to be certified as an Engineer-In-Training (EIT).
- Application can be reached at EIT Certification/Application Web Site.
- Accumulate a certain amount of engineering experience. In most states the requirement is four years.
- Complete a written Professional Engineering (PE) examination. More information here.
- Can pursue Structural Engineering (SE) licensure. More information here.